Tax tip Canadians: Top 10 ways to reduce your tax bill - ACME - Free up your time, Save your money
Hiring credit for small business (HCSB)
Tax tip-Canadian Businesses: Stay Informed With CRA Videos
Six Bookkeeping Tips!
Tax tip Canadians: Top 10 ways to reduce your tax bill
The Tax-Free Savings Account
Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
Service Canada
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Canada Business Network
Industry Canada
Ontario Ministry of Finance
Canada Boarder Services Agency
Tax tip Canadians: Top 10 ways to reduce your tax bill


Did you know…?

There are a number of ways to reduce the amount of tax you owe, and keep more money in your pocket at tax time. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) can help you learn more about the various credits and deductions you may be entitled to and that can save you money when you file your 2010 Income Tax and Benefit Return.

1. Any income you earn in a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) is usually exempt from tax as long as the funds remain in the plan. RRSPs, you save for your retirement and get a break at tax time too.

2. As long as you stay within your contribution room limit, you will not pay tax on any income you earn from investments in your tax-free savings account.

3. Does someone in your family regularly take the bus, train, subway, or ferry to work? You may be able to get a non-refundable tax credit for the cost of the transit passes by claiming the public transit amount.

4. Have you retired and now receive a pension? You can split up to 50% of eligible pension income with your spouse or common-law partner to reduce the overall taxes you pay. See pension income splitting for more information.

5. Do you work in the trades? Tradespeople can deduct part of the cost of eligible tools purchased throughout the year.

6. Did you buy your first home in 2010? Check out the home buyers’ amount to see if you qualify.

7. Are you a single parent receiving the Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)? The Government of Canada released new UCCB measures in the 2010 Budget that may apply to you.

For people who are self-employed

8. Did you purchase a computer for your business after January 27, 2009, and before February 2011? If so, you may be eligible for a 100% computer capital cost allowance.

9. Did your business employ an apprentice? A salary paid to an employee registered in a prescribed trade in the first two years of his or her apprenticeship contract qualifies for a non-refundable tax credit for the employer.

10. Did your business (which is not a primarily child care services business) create licensed child care spaces for the children of your employees? If so, you may be eligible for the investment tax credit for child care spaces for each new child care space you created.

Copy Right2011 © ACME - FREE UP YOUR TIME, SAVE YOUR MONEY. All Rights Reserved.